Discover and restore all water resources and celebrate our shared water legacy throughout our entire Grand River Watershed community.
Our Vision for the Watershed:
Swimming, drinking, fishing, and enjoying our Grand River Watershed: Connecting water with life.
Core Values of LGROW:
●Watershed activities are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative
●Watershed efforts are sustainable and of high quality
●Watershed images and messages create a widely shared sense of legacy and heritage
●Watershed methods and products are holistic and employ a systems approach
●Watershed organization and program evaluate progress and reward success
What Does LGROW Do:
LGROW brings together local municipalities and community stakeholders in a unique format to address watershed issues facing the Lower Grand River and its watersheds. LGROW promotes community education and sustainable use of our river resource. LGROW works with local communities on the NPDES and MS4 permits and grants. LGROW is committed to making the watershed an ongoing resource for all of us.
LGROW Supports the Grand River Watershed by:
- Increasing appreciation of the Grand River and its tributaries
- Educating communities about what they can do to improve the quality of the river
- Helping local watershed groups increase their effectiveness at a lower cost
- Building collaborations that help local watershed groups increase their funding opportunities
- Improving the ability of local watershed groups to market themselves
- Engineering a central repository for watershed data and information
- Providing a forum for sustainability issues of social equity, environmental action, and financial responsibility
Members of GVMC who were going to be regulated under the new NPDES Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)permits formed a coalition to comply with the permits using a watershed approach.
When the permits were issued, GVMC secured a grant to develop the Lower Grand River Watershed Management Plan to prioritize best management practices and critical areas in which to apply those practices.
The Lower Grand River Organization of Watersheds (LGROW) was officially formed to provide basin-wide oversight, implement Watershed-wide initiatives, and prioritize water quality concerns.
The Watershed Management Plan was updated and approved.
LGROW's Strategic Plan was completed.
- 2014-2017 Business Plan