Illicit Discharge Reporting Directory


Kent County Drain Commissioner 616-336-3688 

Kent County Road Commission 616-242-6910

Cascade Township online here

City of East Grand Rapids 616-940-4817 or online here 

City of Grand Rapids dial 311 from a cell phone within City limits or 616-456-3000 outside City limits

City of Grandville 616-538-1990

City of Kentwood 616-554-0737 Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm or 616-554-0751 after business hours or by email

Plainfield Township 616-363-9660 or by email

City of Rockford 616-866-9557

Village of Sparta 616-887-8251

City of Walker 616-791-6327 Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm or non-emergency 24 hour police hotline after hours at 616-453-5441 or online here 

City of Wyoming report here

Grand Rapids Charter Township reporting info here


City of Ferrysburg 616-842-5803 or by email

City of Grand Haven 616-847-3493 Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm or616-847-3488 after hours

Georgetown Township 616-994-4530 

City of Hudsonville 616-669-0200 or email

Ottawa County Water Resources (Drain Commissioner) 616-994-4530 

Village of Spring Lake 616-842-1393 or email 


Village of Fruitport 231-865-3577

Muskegon County Drain Commissioner 231-724-6219 

If your community is not listed...

Call your local municipality, or the MDEQ Pollution Emergency Alerting System (PEAS) at 800-292-4706

What is an Illicit Discharge?

For more information about what an illicit discharge is, isn't, and what to look for, go here.

Dump no waste! If you observe someone dumping something down a storm drain, please report it through your local municipality. Anything dumped down a storm drain will pollute our local waterways, and will likely end up in the source of our drinking water. Spills of materials and substances down the storm sewer system should also be reported.